Before watching Ciara’s story, briefly discuss these questions to get the class thinking about sun safety:
- What is sunburn?
- How do people get sunburn?
- Why is it important to avoid sunburn? It can lead to serious medical conditions later in life.
After seeing the video, discuss these questions to help increase the pupils’ understanding of sun safety:
- What did Ciara do in the film – what was her story?
- What happened to Ciara? Why?
- What were the consequences of being sunburnt for Ciara? Could there be other consequences?
- What can we learn from this video?