Information about our Organisation and Website
Boots UK Limited is responsible for this website, which is governed by the laws of England. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of it. Boots Soltan Schools is managed for Boots UK Limited by EdComs Ltd registered in England and Wales, No 02983471, registered office: EdComs, Studio 1.19, Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE
You can contact our helpline on 01634 729877 (standard call rates).
Collection, Use & Retention of Personal Information
Personal data is information that can identify a specific individual such as name, physical and/or email address and telephone number. If during your visit to this website you register to download resources, you are choosing to provide us with your personal information. You agree that it will be used to send you the pack. Boots UK Limited will also retain your information and may send you a communication about further schools-related offers or resources.
Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Information
Boots UK Limited does not sell or otherwise release your personal information to third parties to allow them to direct market their products and services to you.
We will also use information we collect about you for research purposes, including but not limited to, inviting you to take part in surveys. This may involve sharing your personal information with selected third parties involved in the research process.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information.
Site Traffic Information and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Soltan Sun Ready Challenge app
Boots Soltan Sun Ready Samples Pack Offer
Offer available to first 100 schools teaching pupils aged 5-11 to download the Sun Ready Challenge Pack. We cannot accept orders from organisations other than Primary schools within the UK. Offer will close after the 100 packs have been fulfilled. Boots UK Limited reserves the right to withdraw this offer. One pack per school. Pack contains: 1200x600mm PVC banner, Soltan Kids Protect & Moisturise Lotion SPF50+ 200ml, Soltan Kids Protect & Moisturise Lotion SPF50+ 400ml, Soltan Kids Protect & Moisturise Spray SPF50+ 200ml, Soltan Kids Protect & Moisturise SPF 50+ Ltn 50 ml, Soltan Kids Stick SPF50+ 25g, Soltan Kids Once 8hr Protect & Play Lotion SPF50+ 200ml, Soltan Kids Once 8hr Protect & Play Spray SPF50+ 200ml, Soltan Kids Once 3hr Protect & Swim Lotion SPF30 200ml, Soltan Kids Once 3hr Protect & Swim Lotion SPF50+ 200ml, Soltan Kids Once 3hr Protect & Swim Spray SPF50+ 200ml
Boots Soltan Sun Ready Photo Challenge 2018
- The competition is open to pupils who are residents in the UK and who are in years 1 – 6 (England and Wales), 1 – 6 (Northern Ireland) or 1 – 6 (Scotland) on 16 April 2018.
- The competition is open from 5pm 16 April. The deadline for entries is 5pm 8 June 2018.
- Prizes – the winner will be notified by 22 June from all eligible entries. The prizes are as follows:
1st place – £5000 and 30 Boots Soltan branded bibs to be used for school trips. 4 Runners up - £500.
- All winners will be notified via email after the competition has ended. This must be acknowledged by the winner, via email, within 72 hours. Failure to respond to this email means an alternative winner will be selected from all valid entries received. Winners will be asked to provide contact details for the purposes of awarding the prize only.
The judges’ decision is final, there is no appeal system and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries can be made online only and must be submitted by a teacher.
- The winner will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out on the website.
- Pupils who are related to Boots employees may enter the competition, but no reference must be made to this in the entry.
- The competition organisers will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Boots reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a prize or item of equal value or greater.
- The winners may be required to participate in publicity connected with the competition.
- By entering the competition, students and teachers give agreement for the details of winners and their entries, including pictures, films and stories to be shared via the www.soltansunready.com website and associated media channels.
- By entering the competition, teachers give approval for their pupils’ entries to be shared in the competition gallery. No pupil names will appear on the gallery.
- By submitting entries to Sun Ready Photo Challenge you confirm that for each photo submitted:
- Your pupils are the only author of your work and that it is your original work;
- You are the sole copyright holder;
- You have not licensed or granted any rights in the work that will conflict with the usage / image rights required by BOOTS;
- You have the consent of their parent or guardian to grant the usage/image rights required by BOOTS;
- That it does not include any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any other third person or entity;
- That it does not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead;
- You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify BOOTS in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
- BOOTS does not claim copyright ownership over photographs/films/stories submitted to this contest, you the author retain full copyright ownership in each entry.
You waive (and to the extent that you cannot waive agree irrevocably not to assert) any and all moral rights to which you may be entitled anywhere in the world in respect of your entry.
- In consideration of Boots publicising the entry through the Soltan Sun Ready website, social media, the entrant hereby agrees to grant to Boots, an irrevocable, royalty-free and unrestricted right to use, sublicense, reproduce, modify and publish the entry, including the entrant’s image and likeness as depicted therein, throughout the world for the following purposes:
- editorial purposes;
- promotional purposes;
- any other purposes.
- You affirm, represent and warrant that you have the power and authority to, and do, grant to BOOTS an irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to copy, publish, reproduce, distribute, store, modify, adapt, display and to use in any way your entry or parts thereof. This licence grant includes, but is not limited the following purposes:
- editorial purposes;
- promotional purposes;
- any other purposes.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
The name and region of the winner may be obtained by writing to the following address after 5 June: EdComs, Studio 1.19, Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE
This competition is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The competition promoter is Boots UK Limited, Nottingham, NG2 3AA.