a) This activity consists of quick and fun activity ideas for a teacher on playtime duty.
Encourage the class to try these:
- Count the number of steps it takes to walk around a part of the playground (or play feature)
- Find the warmest and coldest surfaces outside (get pupils to think about shade and sunlight)
- Find things outside beginning with different letters of the alphabet
- Collect items one by one (a blade of grass, a leaf, a twig etc)
- Count how many pupils are wearing hats or playing in the sun
b) Challenge the pupils to make up their own playtime exploring games.